Sleep where once there were horses.
The Old Stables has a much cleaner, more modern, clinical feel “where the farming history of the building dovetails nicely into the medical background of the extended family.” There is the surgical instruments trolley being used for cutlery, a Victorian medical cabinet storing glassware, a riveted steel kitchen table topped with barn oak. The double bed has been crafted straight from our woodlands, using mature silver birch set against a Scandinavian blue background.
When my father took over from his dad in 1951 there were 5 working horses in here. They were separated by stall partitions and had a hay manger under the window. This was filled with hay, forked down from the hay loft above. The horses were used for everything from ploughing the fields to towing the heavy dray carts and could be ridden too (rather slowly!). At the time they were more reliable than tractors, but that wouldn’t last long..
This barn is most suitable for clients with limited mobility.
- Sleeps up to 8
- Double room
- Double/twin room with ensuite loo/shower, suitable for disabled/limited mobility access
- 4 bunk beds
- Polished concrete floor, underfloor heating
- Riveted steel kitchen table topped with barn oak
- Living area includes Clearview wood burning stove (wood and kindling provided), digital TV and open access wifi
Kitchen accessories include Smeg fridge-freezer, Smeg dishwasher and a Rangemaster induction cooker.
- Egyptian cotton bedding
- towels and hairdryer
- full range of cooking equipment and tableware
- dishwasher tablets, washing up liquid, hand soap
- tea bags, coffee plunger, salt, pepper
Old Stables prices, for more information or to book, email email@example.com or fill in the form and we will get in contact with you.
Sleeping Loft Price: £80 per night